Home » important » Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz suspends 2020 bid

Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz suspends 2020 bid

Starbucks billionaire Howard Schultz suspended his longshot presidential campaign on Wednesday — saying he had a sore back and needed time to get better.
Schultz told campaign staffers he was slashing the operation.
Schultz came into the office Wednesday for the first time in months and met with the staff, a person in the room told the website.
Later, Schultz sent an email to backers about his bad back.
“While I was in Arizona, I unfortunately experienced acute back pain that required me to cut my travels short,” he wrote.
“Over the following two months, I underwent three separate back surgeries. Today, I am feeling much better, and my doctors foresee a full recovery so long as I rest and rehabilitate. I have decided to take the summer to do just that.”
The coffee kingpin earlier this year announced that he was running for president as a centrist independent.